• Curved Air were one of the most dynamic progressive rock groups of the Seventies, with their seductive sound of Sonja Kristina’s beautiful vocals and Darryl Way’s exotic electric violin.
• ‘Midnight Wire’, first released in 1975, features a later version of the group, that also included the highly gifted Stewart Copeland (later of The Police) on drums.
• This album is a fine example of the band in action and will delight fans wanting to hear the best of these classic pioneering Prog rock groups, many of which, like Curved Air, are still touring today.
• Curved Air’s Sonja Kristina is interviewed by respected author and journalist Chris Welch for the exclusive liner notes in the booklet.
• Expertly remastered – superb sound -
top quality reproduction. The best in the business!
One of the sexiest sounds in rock is the combination of Sonja Kristina’s beautiful vocals and Darryl Way’s exotic electric violin. They came together in Curved Air in and created one of the most dynamic progressive rock groups of the Seventies.
‘Midnight Wire’ was first released in 1975 and features a later version of the group with the highly gifted Stewart Copeland on drums, who would later go on to fame and fortune with The Police. This seven track CD comprises a range of material mostly written by lyricist Norma Tager and Darryl Way and includes Sonja Kristina’s incisive song ‘Woman On A One Night Stand’.
With informative sleeve notes by Chris Welch that tells the story of the group, together with insightful comments from Sonja Kristina. As the new Prog Rock revival gains momentum, so fans are itching to hear the best of the original pioneer groups, and this sought after 1975 album provides a fine example of Curved Air in action.